We appreciate your interest in joining our team! We are currently seeking the following positions:
This position utilizes a self-directed work style to complete tasks with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to creatively solve problems, think independently, and present a professional image. Strong organization, communication, computer skills, and poise under pressure are essential. The right candidate will be proactive and effectively interact with personnel, management and other administrative support staff while directly supporting two firm Partners.
At Cioffi Slezak Wildgrube P.C. you will find rewarding assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion.
- Proactively managing/coordinating daily schedule/calendar, contacts, travel arrangements, meetings (internal and external), conferences, and seminars
- Arranges and schedules numerous meetings; maintain and update calendar; determine importance of meeting requests and schedule; accordingly, demonstrate flexibility, serve as a first line of defense with the high volume of communications of phone and email
- Process reimbursement and expense reports in accordance with established policy guidelines; track expenses and follow-up in timely manner
- Create and edit presentations, agendas, spreadsheets, communications, databases, and reports
- Performs a variety of general clerical duties, such as copying, filing, faxing and typing
- Filing documents internally and with the Court System, as directed
- Manage special projects as designated and assist other firm members, as necessary
- 3+ years administrative and/or technical support experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Previous experience maintaining executive’s phone, calendar, work and travel schedules using Microsoft Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a professional phone manner and in-person presence
- Ability to understand priorities and adjust meetings and content appropriately
- Excellent writing skills – good grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure in written business communications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in legal field
- Preferred administrative experience supporting a legal or contracts team
Salary, benefits and hours: This is a FT position with hours running from 9AM – 5PM. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits are offered, to be described at interview. Please send resume and cover letter to Julia at [email protected]
Mid-Level Associate Attorney – We are looking for qualified candidates (see full job description below). Please send resume and cover letter to Julia at [email protected]
We are seeking an experienced trust and estate attorney to take ownership of a broad range of client transactions focusing on estate planning and administration, elder law, and real estate.
The ideal attorney will have experience with drafting and reviewing estate planning documents and agreements; managing estate and trust administration matters from start to finish including estate tax and fiduciary income tax preparation; handling real estate matters and attending closings; and organizing and maintaining case files. Ability to independently manage files, creatively solve problems, and effectively communicate with coworkers, clients, and opposing parties are a must.
At Cioffi · Slezak · Wildgrube P.C. you will find rewarding assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and teamwork.
- Drafting estate planning documents including Wills, Trusts, and other agreements
- Meeting with clients and/or other professionals relevant to the clients’ needs
- Researching, analyzing, and developing estate plans to meet the clients’ objectives
- Working with fiduciaries to administer Trusts and Estates
- Collaborating with the partners, clients, senior attorneys, and other team members to move matters toward resolution efficiently
- Reviewing real estate contracts with clients and managing real estate sales and purchases from contract to close
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Admission and in good standing with the NYS Bar
- 5+ years of Trusts and Estates law experience
- Tax, Real Estate, and Corporate Law experience a plus
- Portable book of business not expected
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Reliable team player who is excited to learn and stay up-to-date and on the cutting edge in their area of law
- Precise, detail-oriented, focused, and ready to jump into a fast-paced environment
Salary, benefits and hours:
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, 401(k) match and profit sharing, group disability, etc. are offered.
Cioffi · Slezak · Wildgrube P.C. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Please send your cover letter and resume to our office manager, Julia Cella, [email protected] All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Real Estate Paralegal – We are looking for qualified candidates. Please send resume and cover letter to Julia at [email protected]
Estate Administration Paralegal – We are looking for qualified candidates (see full job description below). Please send resume and cover letter to Julia at [email protected]
We are seeking a paralegal to work in our busy Trust and Estate Administration department.
The ideal candidate should be able to work with and take direction from supervising attorneys, but also independently manage their files, creatively solve problems, and present a professional image. Strong organization, communication, and computer skills are essential.
At Cioffi Slezak Wildgrube P.C. you will find rewarding assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and teamwork.
- Preparing and filing documents with the Surrogate’s Court relative to the appointment of a fiduciary using HotDocs software and the Court’s e-filing platform, NYSCEF
- Supporting executors and trustees in their fiduciary roles, from asset gathering and valuation through distribution
- Communicating directly with clients, beneficiaries, attorneys, accountants, appraisers, real estate brokers, and other professionals
- Preparing fiduciary income tax returns, estate tax returns, and other required tax returns using Lacerte software
- Preparing and filing deeds and related forms
- Preparing informal and formal accountings using TEdec software
- Keeping track of billable time contemporaneously with time worked using TABS software
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of direct Estate administration experience in a law firm or Trust department environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Experience with HotDocs required