Fast paced law firm in Schenectady with a focus in trusts and estates seeking estate administrator for a full-time position supporting a team of attorneys. Great team, benefits, and perks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing all court documents necessary in probate and accounting work; facility with HotDocs software
- Supporting executors and trustees in their fiduciary roles, from asset gathering and valuation through distribution
- Maintaining estate checking accounts
- Communicating with clients, beneficiaries, attorneys, accountants, appraisers, real estate brokers, etc.
- Preparing related tax returns using LaCerte software: Estate Tax, Fiduciary Income Tax, Personal Income Tax
- Preparing deeds and related forms
- Preparing Accountings
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
3-5 years of progressive estate administration experience in a law firm or trust department environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with TABS preferable but not necessary
- Experience with electronic filing desired
- Must be able to manage time and multiple priorities to ensure work is completed within strict deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team player
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving capabilities
- Tax knowledge a plus
To be considered for this role please submit a cover letter with salary requirements. Applications without this will not be considered.
- estate administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)